Plus, scholarships given to four area college students and one Junior Achievement participant
Three Rochester companies today have been named recipients of a 2014 ETHIE Award, presented by the Rochester Area Business Ethics Foundation. The announcement was made at the 12th annual awards event held at Geva Theatre Center.
In the Large-Sized category (more than 150 employees), The ETHIE recipient is Iberdrola – RG&E, 89 East Avenue, Rochester, NY 14649 www.iberdrolausanetworks.com CEO: Robert Kump
In the Medium-Sized category (between 50 and 150 employees), The ETHIE recipient is Genesee Valley Motors, 1695 Interstate Drive, Avon, NY 14414, www.GeneseeValley.com CEO: Dom Genova
In the Small-Sized category (less than 50 employees), The ETHIE recipient is Rainbow Restorations, 22 Flint St., Rochester, NY 14608 CEO: Bob Cobb
The 2014 ETHIE recipients were chosen from a group of finalists that also included:
Optimation Technology, Inc. 50 High Tech Drive Rush, NY 14543 www.optimation.us
· CEO: William Pollock, PE
· Primary Products or Services Provided: Engineering and skilled trades services for industrial applications.
Rochester Rotary Club 180 Linden Oaks Rochester, New York 14625 www.rochesterrotary.org
· CEO: Tracey Dreisbach
· Primary Products or Services Provided: Affiliated with Rotary International and owners and operators of The Sunshine Campus, a world-class camping experience hosting over 2,500 local children and young adults annually with disabilities and special needs.
Harbec Inc., 369 State Route 104, Ontario, NY 14519, www.harbec.com
· CEO: Robert Bechtold
· Primary Products or Services Provided: Harbec provides tightly toleranced prototypes, tooling, machined components and quality injection molded parts for the consumer product, sporting goods, defense/aerospace, transportation, medical, marine, and energy industries.
Heritage Christian Services, 349 W. Commercial Street, Suite 2795, East Rochester, NY 14445 www.heritagechristianservices.org
· CEO: Marisa Geitner
· Primary Products or Services Provided: HCS is a thriving human services agency that offers residential support, service coordination, respite, community habilitation and employment supports.
An independent panel of judges based its decision on published criteria that includes executive commitment to business ethics, company ethics program, conflict resolution procedures, demonstration of sound ethical business practices, and demonstration of good corporate citizenship. Companies vying for the award submit an on-line application that documents their policies and activities in these criteria.
The 2014 judges are:
· James Bourdeau, Esq. Partner at Nixon Peabody
· Andy Hislop, CEO of LECESSE Construction, Inc.
· Angella Luyk, CEO, Midnight Janitorial, Inc.
· Linda MacCammon, Ph.D., Program Director in Ethics, St. John Fisher College
· Carolyn Portanova, Past President and CEO of Catholic Family Center
· Ann Seigler, Senior Recruiter, Kelly Services
· Mario Urso, CPA, Partner at The Bonadio Group.
The 2014 recipients are eligible to compete in the 2015 American Business Ethics Award, a national ethics competition sponsored by the Society of Financial Service Professionals. One of 2011’s ETHIE recipients, Toddler’s Workshop Daycare of Webster, is a 2012 recipient of this national award in the small business category. Over the past few years, three Rochester companies have received national ABEA honors: Midnight Janitorial, PAETEC, and QED Technologies.
In addition to bestowing the ETHIE awards, the Rochester Area Business Ethics Foundation announced the recipients of five scholarships valued in total at $8,500.
Sofiya Kreminska – Nazareth College
Anna Loria- SUNY The College at Brockport
Tamara Osipov – Rochester Institute of Technology
Luke Zaporowski – St. John Fisher College
Adrienne Zand – Junior Achievement
“As we grow, it is the hope of Rochester Area Business Ethics Foundation to award a scholarship to students at all of the business schools in the Rochester area,” said RABEF founder Alan Ziegler. “We’re proud of these young people today and look forward to hearing about their accomplishments tomorrow.”
The RABEF scholarship program started in 2003 with a single scholarship to a St. John Fisher student.
The ETHIE Awards are sponsored and organized by the Rochester Area Business Ethics Foundation, a 501(c)(3) charitable foundation.
Organizational partners are the Society of Financial Service Professionals – Rochester Chapter, the Rochester Business Alliance, and St. John Fisher College.
The awards program was established in 1994 by the Society of Financial Service Professionals. The Rochester awards and scholarships were initiated in 2003.