Rochester, NY (August 4, 2017)—The Rochester Area Business Ethics Foundation (RABEF) announced the finalists for its 2017 ETHIE Awards. The ETHIE recognizes businesses and organizations that do the right thing through strong ethical foundations, aspirations to high standards of business conduct, and the multifaceted nature of ethics in our daily lives. RABEF plans to honor the ETHIE recipients at an awards celebration at Geva Theatre Center on October 2, 2017.
RABEF Co-founder and President Alan Ziegler said, “We are grateful to this year’s finalists that exemplify the highest degree of ethical conduct in the workplace. These firms join a roster of strong, high integrity companies that have been named finalists through the years—and collectively move us closer toward our vision of making Rochester the ‘Gold Standard for Ethical Cultures’.”
The 2017 ETHIE Award Finalists are:
Leonard’s Express, 6070 Collett Road, Farmington NY 14425
- Contact: Ken Johnson, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leonard’s Express, Inc. is an asset-based transportation provider with offices located throughout the United States. With an investment in state-of-the-art technology, Leonard’s is able to provide diversified transportation solutions for many different industries.
Stantec Consulting Services Inc., 61 Commercial Street, Suite 100, Rochester, NY 14614
- Contact: Tabatha Orr, Tabatha.email@example.com
- Engineering, architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, surveying, environmental sciences, construction services, project management and project economics are the focus of this company that designs with community in mind. With offices all over the world, the local strength, knowledge and relationships have allowed Stantec to continually meet clients’ needs in creative and personalized ways.
Ontario County, 20 Ontario Street, Canandaigua, NY 14424
- Contact: Brian Young, firstname.lastname@example.org
- The government of Ontario County has a vision to be “a vibrant community where every citizen has the opportunity to be healthy, safe, and successful.” Their mission is to provide strategic and responsive public services that are fiscally responsible and sensitive to the diverse and changing needs of the community.
Interpretek, 75 High Power Road, Rochester, NY 14623
- Contact: Michael Rizzolo, email@example.com
- Interpretek provides American Sign Language interpreting services, including community interpreting, video interpreting, and interpreter education. Founded on the principles of taking care of the team and the customer, Interpretek boasts fun and upbeat offices, a focus on the service aspect of the business and an attitude to look for the good and make it better.
Holy Childhood, 100 Groton Parkway, Rochester, NY 14623
- Contact: Donna Dedee, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Holy Childhood is a non-denominational non-profit agency that has enriched the lives of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities for 70 years. The mission is to prepare children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities for maximum independence and inclusion and integration in the community through individualized programs and services in an atmosphere of dignity and compassion. The school serves children from 39 school districts, preparing them for their transition into becoming successful young adults in our community. The adult services are known for vocational training and employment opportunities including the beloved Special Touch Bakery.
Broccolo Tree & Lawn Care, 2059 Brighton Henrietta Townline Road, Rochester, NY 14623
- Contact: Melanie Portland, Melanie@broccologroup.com
- A customer-focused approach to commercial and residential lawn care, landscaping, storm water management and a full-service Garden Center. Broccolo knows it matters whom you choose to care for your lawn, trees, shrubs, plants, and gardens and Broccolo has a passion to create the best looking yards in the neighborhood.
ProNexus, LLC, 171 Sully’s Trail, Pittsford, NY 14534
- Contact: Kaitlin Alfvin, email@example.com
- ProNexus, LLC is a management consulting and professional services firm that offers scalable, customized Finance, Accounting and IT solutions and consulting services from strategy and leadership to project execution. ProNexus supports the offices of the C Suite using a unique blend of engagement models.
RABEF board chair Vicki James stated, “It is inspiring to witness the caliber of finalists this year, our 15th year of presenting the ETHIE. The ethical standards that exist throughout the Rochester business community are truly impressive.”
An independent panel of judges carefully and impartially analyzes the completed ETHIE Award entry forms to determine the finalists, which then undergo a site visit by a member of the judging committee. The committee then names recipients of the annual awards.
Director of Marketing, Lewis Tree Service